Past, Present and Future
We’re excited to announce that Kitty May and former EYB yoga teacher Meg Saxby will be offering a third round of their 3-part workshop series ”Exploring Your Sexual Self: Past, Present and Future” in July 2016 at the EYB studio. This engaging workshop series will give participants tools and space to explore their sexual selves and define their own vision of erotic empowerment.
Meg and Kitty–with their backgrounds in feminist sexual health education, peer counselling, bodywork/movement, creativity and group praxis–have designed this innovative workshop series to help participants uncover and develop their knowledge of their personal erotic self. Because sexuality is composed of so many different elements, the workshops are similarly designed to work at different levels: the body, mind, spirit and collective/community existence.
Using movement, bodywork, meditation/visualization, discussion and creative tools for reflection, participants will explore ideas about and experiences of desire, pleasure, fulfilment, the body and more. Over the course of 3 sessions, we will connect with our sexual selves as they are today; remember who they were in the past; imagine our brightest erotic futures – and consider the most luscious, fun and self-loving ways of getting there!
Each participant will choose an area of focus, creating a personal path within a collaborative learning process. There will be opportunities to share with one another, but no obligation to disclose more than is comfortable.
Some participant feedback from the 2014 round…
- “the workshop series had a really well balanced structure and a great flow”
- “I loved the mix of bodywork, writing, crafting, personal reflection and sharing.”
- “there isn’t pressure to share too much and I felt ownership over my own journey”
- “the facilitation was really seamless. Meg and Kitty are badass together, bringing different skills and strengths”
- “a really refreshing space […] that is very physically grounding and that supports taking an appropriate pace that fits you”
- “very thoughtful and a warm and open space”
- “the workshop is really worth it!”
- “a very freeing experience”
The series is open to FLTI* (female, lesbian, trans*, intersex) people only.
When: Sundays July 10, 17, and 24, 11:00-15:00
Where: at the English Yoga Berlin studio, Görlitzer Straße 39, 10997 Berlin
Cost: Because we want this series to be both accessible for participants and sustainable for us as workers, the price is based on participants’ take-home monthly income and an hourly rate for our work. The fee for the series is:
• 75€ if your monthly income is less than 700€
• 115€ if your monthly income is 700-1000€
• 165€ if your monthly income is 1000-1500€
• 10-15% of your monthly income if you earn over 1500€
How: If you’d like to register for participation (or if you have questions), please send an email to:
Registration is necessary.
In order to reserve your spot, we’ll ask for a non-refundable* deposit of 1/3rd of your fee.
English Yoga Berlin is a collective of teachers offering yoga in English from our yoga Berlin Kreuzberg studio. We offer hatha yoga, vinyasa yoga, restorative yoga, classical yoga and yoga nidra. We specialize in community yoga and offer yoga for beginners through advanced. We look forward to practicing with you!