Workshop Yoga Sutras
This workshop Yoga Sutras is given by Pinelopi in the form of a talk with ten mini self-explorative guided meditations on yoga ethics. Click here for more info.
This workshop is for anyone who would like to understand better the ancient text “Yoga Sutras”, Patanjali’s role in modern day yoga, and the eight fold path of yoga. This workshop is also good (but not only) for yoga teachers wishing to refresh or deepen their knowledge.
- Most of the talk will focus on:
- Patanjali and the goal of yoga
- the Yamas and Niyamas (ethics and moral observances)
- Pratyahara (the practice of dettachment).
- Thetalkwillfocusvery briefly on:
- Asanas (yogic postures)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- As these are explained in the regular Hatha Yoga classes
- The talk will briefly introduce the goals of:
- Dharana (concentration)
- Dhyana (meditation)
- Samadhi (liberation)
- as these subjects are too big for a 2.5 hr workshop.