Greifswalder Str. 8
Yamas and Niyamas are the first two steps of yoga that Patanjali discusses in the Yoga Sutra. They are ethical, behavioral and spiritual guidelines for living. Pinelopi of English Yoga Berlin in Kreuzberg is offering a talk with ten mini self-explorative guided meditations on yoga ethics. Click here for more info.
This workshop is for anyone who would like to be introduced to the dimension of yoga that is both beyond and essential to the physical practice. This workshop is also good (but not only) for yoga teachers wishing to refresh or deepen their knowledge.
this workshop will take place at the Yoga Hub Berlin in Greifswalder Str 8,
and NOT at the English Yoga Berlin headquarters.
- Most of the talk will focus on:
- Patanjali and the goal of yoga
- the Yamas and Niyamas (ethics and moral observances)
- Pratyahara (the practice of detachment).
- The talk will focus very briefly on:
- Asanas (yogic postures)
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- As these are explained in the regular Hatha Yoga classes
- The talk will briefly introduce the goals of:
- Dharana (concentration)
- Dhyana (meditation)
- Samadhi (liberation)